National Civic League Study Examines Opportunities to Improve City of Cincinnati Governance
Read the Press Release
The Murray and Agnes Seasongood Good Government Foundation is devoted to the causes of good local government, the merit system in selecting public employees, and citizen participation in public affairs. The Foundation values innovation and creativity in ideas for improving government and believes this should manifest across all causes the Foundation supports. The Foundation makes grant decisions on a quarterly basis. Visit the grant applications page for deadlines and access to the online application form.
When considering grant proposals, the Trustees have identified five strategic priorities for funding:
- Ethical Behavior in Government: Projects that promote ethical understanding and behavior among elected and appointed officials
- Student Internships: Grants to government organizations in the region to support undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate college student interns with an intention around public service
- Public Safety and Community Relations: Projects building productive relationships to assure equal justice
- Voter Engagement: Projects that increase voter turnout by educating people about the importance of voting and the voting process and by reducing barriers to voting
- Civic Engagement: Projects that engage others regardless of citizenship status in taking action to identify and address issues of public concern and make a difference in the civic life of our communities
Seasongood Foundation has sponsored summer internships with the City of Cincinnati.
Grants awarded by the Seasongood Foundation in the past 3 years.
Grants awarded since Seasongood Foundation’s inception in 1987.